It's been a while since my last post, mostly because things have been getting pretty hectic around here, but it's time to catch up! Here's what I’ve been up to in the past week or so:
- Working. I hate my job, but at least there’s one guy who comes in that makes it bearable. :3
- Watching an absolutely awesome production of Macbeth with some friends that was performed with an all-woman cast. I love going to Shakespeare in Delaware Park – it’s honestly one of my favorite parts of the summer, and I still can’t believe that Harper had never been there before we went on Thursday. It’s a Buffalo institution! It’s been around longer than I’ve been alive! It’s the second-largest Shakespeare festival in the country! It’s right across from the art gallery I take field trips to when I want to skip school…I mean…um…when my least-favorite classes are cancelled. Right.
- Getting ready to go back to school on the 30th. I'm ready and I'm not ready, and as excited as I am for my history classes and for the new campus and to see some of my old friends again, I'm still kind of nervous. Also, I'm pretty angry at how much I've had to spend on textbooks this semester: $300 for a psychology textbook, not counting the books for my history courses and the anthology for my English class. Three hundred dollars for one book. I better use that thing every fucking day, because if it turns out that we use it once in the beginning of the class and they update the edition midway through the semester so I can't even sell it back at a fraction of the cost at the end, heads will definitely roll.
- Listening to Wild Light on repeat for the past few days. California On My Mind is my favorite track, but My Father Was A Horse and New Hampshire are really good, too. I don’t think there’s a bad song on the album, but that might be because I’m biased. ;o)
- Sleeping. I’ll miss it when school starts up again.
- Marathoning Bennett the Sage's Masterpiece Fanfic Theatre. I love his voice, and as crazy/disgusting/outrageously bad as some of these fics are, I've come to like having him reading terrible fiction in the background while I do other things. I think my favorite episodes have to be the Two-Part Historical Fanfiction ones, because those are hilarious.
- Working the bar at Harper’s mom’s art show on Saturday. She’d been an art teacher at a local high school for almost twenty years and she retired in the spring, and this was her first solo gallery showing since she started teaching. Harper and I somehow got roped into dealing with drinks and patrons the whole night, but I had a good time, and the party at their house afterwards was definitely a lot of fun.
- Still writing for that TGWTG AU emeriin came up with because oh God I think it’s taken over my brain and I seriously can’t stop, like, at all. It’s a little scary – and pretty fun – but also kind of scary because I haven’t been this excited for a new fandom in I don’t know how long.
- Three words: raspberry buttermilk cake. It is delicious and you should all be jealous. Here, have a picture - hell, have two:
It's been a pretty good week, and I'm hoping this next one will be just as fun.